Thursday, March 1, 2012

EXCLUSIVE Interview: Meet Patricia Lae Ejercitado, Binibining Pilipinas 2012 Candidate #7!

EXCLUSIVE!

Meet Binibining Pilipinas 2012 Candidate # 7 Patricia Lae Ejercitado, 23 years-old from Makati City.
Photo credit: Bruce Casanova/ BPCI

Profile:
Name: Patricia Lae Ejercitado
Age: 23
Height: 5'7
Profession: Interior Designer

Way back in 2010, Patricia became one of the contestants of Binibining Pilipinas 2010. She lost, however, Patricia won the hearts of the pageant fans, not only because of her world-class Filipina beauty, but also her charm and wonderful personality. Now, she's back in the game and she's one of the "girls to watch" at Binibining Pilipinas 2012 pageant.

1. Tell us briefly about yourself, your family, and your hometown.
My name is Patricia Lae Santos Ejercitado. People also call me Let-let, Pat or Eje. Coming from a family of Artists, I include myself as one who falls in love with canvasses. Although stereotypically artists are considered Introvert, I am more of a fun loving and outgoing little Michelangelo. I enjoy going out of town, seeing the beaches and the different parts of the Philippines from which I get my inspiration for my artworks. I was the typical boyish girl before I joined in Binibini in 2010. I was having a hard time walking in high heels, maintaining my balance and at the same time keeping my posture as poised as it should be. But then I realize it was fun and I am now back enjoying the time of my life.

As for my hometown, my mother who hails from Sta Barbara, Pangasinan, married at a young age to my father from Sta. Magdalena, Sorsogon Bicol who works as an animation director to a top animation company. Then we moved to Cainta and live there for more than 7 years already.


2. What does it mean to you of joining this year’s Binibining Pilipinas pageant?
It means a lot to me since I am now given a second chance to prove my worth and vindicate myself from my previous performance. My stint in Bb. Pilipinas 2010 made me realize that I am eligible of winning but didn't give my best shot. I was so raw and needed more preparation than I could have ever thought. So after the pageant, I immediately decided that I will come back more prepared because it has been my childhood dream to become a beauty queen. After 2 years of preparation and hardwork I can say that this year’s BB. Pilipinas will be a strong fight for me. I wouldn’t say I'm already perfect for the title, but being close to that makes me more eager to improve myself and gain more confidence.

3. What makes you a standout in this competition?
What makes me standout is first, my natural skin color. I really take good care of my skin because I believe it is one of my best assets that I’m proud of. Second is my exotic look. And lastly, my winning spirit. In the sea of 30 beautiful ladies, standing out would be hard to achieve, especially if you come unprepared. Though the decision of winning or losing will depend on the judges, my performance on the stage is definitely the prime determinant. With that, I think my preparation has a very important role to make me a standout.


4. How would you describe a typical day in your life?
I wake up in the morning; go to work then after eight hours of work, I work out, then work again at home. See how redundant I used the word WORK? I consider myself as a hard worker because once the opportunity is there I just grab it without any hesitation.


5. Where do you see yourself, let say, five years from now?
5 years from now, I guess having a family would be perfect and continuing my career as
successful Interior designer. And if ever that I will win in this pageant, I also see myself being an inspiration to young women who aspire to become a beauty queen by helping and guiding them to achieve their dreams.


6. Who/ what inspires you to win this competition?
God has always been the first one to inspire me in this competition and among other things, because he has given me an opportunity like this and I consider it as a blessing and a challenge to enhance my God given talent. And of course, all the people who believe in me are my source of my inspiration. Their unending support, guidance and love are more than enough for me to work even harder in this competition and I dedicate this fight to all of them.


7. Can you share to us your beauty secrets?
I SMILE and think of happy thoughts. I take care of my body by working out religiously and eating proper diet. I take care of my skin by having body scrub at least once a week cause it makes your skin glow. And "trying" to sleep early.


8. How about your fashion sense and style?
I dress up depending on my mood and occasion. I can pull off a sexy chic look easily but it's not my everyday get up. At work I dress up like a construction worker because of my JOB!

9. What song that best describes you as a person? Why?
The song that best describes me as a person is the song BREAKAWAY BY KELLY CLARKSON.
Because I was once a girl with huge self-esteem issues and now breaking away from that is the best
thing I did so far that made me come closer in achieving my dreams.


10. If you are given a chance to trade lives with someone in history, who would you pick and why?
CLEOPATRA, because she is a woman of power. And I mean not to overpower men but to show to everyone that women have the same abilities as to men. Women can also be great leaders, inventors etc. And not to mention, Cleopatra is also beautiful.


11. What is the one lesson you learned as a child that still affects your life today?

One lesson that I learned as a child is to always listen to your parents. Because my parents have molded me to what I am today- A person of discipline. Your parents have the best intention for your life and you can never go wrong by obeying them.


12. Many people dream of being famous, although one of its serious effects is the invasion of privacy. What is it about fame that makes many people, including you, want to be famous?
Fame is not all about Glam and being fab. Being famous gives you an opportunity to reach out and give impact and inspire other people's lives. And just like me, fulfilling my dreams of being a beauty queen would inspire a lot of aspirants who has the same dreams as mine.

13. How would you describe the color RED to a blind person?
I will bring him to a place where there is sunlight. I will ask him to lift his face towards it and explain that it is heat and pain and passion, raw emotion and rage, it is deep and intense but looks for too long and it loses its allure.

14. If you are about to choose which pageant question to answer at the Binibining Pilipinas 2012 finals, what question would it be and why?
What would you eat after the pageant?
Because I’ve been craving for (should I say) Unhealthy foods. And every day I just eat them in my mind. haha! Discipline for now.

15. What is your message to your supporters and readers of Beauty Mania?
To all my supporters and readers of Beauty Mania, BIG THANK YOU! For believing in me and inspiring me to work even harder for this years Bb. Pilipinas. I appreciate all the effort of giving suggestions and words of encouragement. Let's all pray and hope that GOD will reward us the coveted crown. Let us enjoy this celebration of Filipina beauty and not lose its essence by maintaining peace and friendship in supporting your own bets. God bless us all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Premium Wordpress Themes